Ray’s Sister Publishing, LLC is a Music Publishing Administration company. On a song by song basis, we sometimes joint publish, promote and help place music for our clients, although it is not a specified part of our relationship as Publishing Administrators. We are considering new music publishing administration relationships this year if that is your interest. As administrators, we make sure that the copyright of the song is properly protected and that Performance, Mechanical and Sync licensing and royalties are properly registered.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who would be a client?
- Songwriters who own their own music publishing.
- Songwriters who do not need a song plugger.
- Songwriters who have had at least one song recorded commercially.
What services does RSP Music provide?
- Copyright registration with the Library of Congress
- PRO registrations with ASCAP, BMI, SESAC
- Licensing for users: mechanical, print, synchronization, performance
- Quarterly royalty statements for publishers and writers
- Top Song Reports
What fee does RSP Music charge publishing clients?
- A flat percentage of gross income for publisher each quarter.
- Charge back fee of $50 per song to register with Library of Congress
What does RSP Music not provide?
- RSP does not pitch songs to be recorded.
- RSP does not offer writer advances.
Does RSP handle Master Use requests?
RSP only licenses the publishers portion. You must contact the record label directly to get their permission to use their recording.